Monday, October 31, 2011

Keeping Us On Our Toes

Well, after writing a post entitled "Why I Think The Bears Are All Wet", they managed to dump a little cold water on me today.  Still, one day doesn't make a bear market and nothing that happened today changes what I said yesterday.  The first day of November is usually an up day, so we will see what happens.  I expect some choppy action for the next few days.  Only if we see a break of the August high of 1231 in the SP500 followed by a retracement and a break of the resulting swing low would I conclude that a more significant retracement or leg down is underway, and we are a long way from that happening at the moment.

It is also likely that the MF Global bankruptcy had some effect on trading activity.  MF Global acted as a clearing house for my futures broker, which was unable to process trades today.

No comments: