Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Caution

The pre-market futures are up this morning, but I would urge caution. While the large caps may continue higher into year end, the small caps, financials and semi-conductors, among others, are still lagging badly. Oftentimes, the large caps will play catch up to the downside in this situation. It's fine to swing trade the move, but just be aware of the risk.

I have only added to two long stock positions in the last two weeks. Most of the stocks I have been following have yet to trigger swing trading buy signals, which I find intriguing in and of itself as I watch the Dow levitate near it's highs.

I realize that it is difficult to watch this market grind higher, but this is exactly the type of market that seems to carry the greatest short term risk. Only a sizeable up move in above average volume would alter that view, and we haven't seen it yet.

No comments: