Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bear Market Rally

Don't be fooled by this rally. It may eventually turn out to be the start of a bull market, but every intermediate term trading system that I track is still on a short signal including the VLA system introduced earlier this month. At the beginning of February, I will introduce another intermediate term trading system that has a similar performance record to the VLA system except that it may be even better. I will provide tracking back to the beginning of the year for comparison purposes.

Once this bear market rally is over, one could take new short positions or add to existing ones. Keep in mind that I have not discussed the importance of risk management yet. No matter what system you are trading, preserving capital and risk management are the most important skills to learn. There are many books and sites on the subject and I will discuss the matter in the future.

No comments: